Launch Configuration Menu
Within each Code Red IDE project, there will be a "launch configuration file" for each build variant, which is used to store the settings for a debug connection for that build configuration. These will be created in the root directory of a project the first time that you launch a debug session for that project and are typically called "<projname> Debug.launch" and "<projname> Release.launch".
Normally, there is no need to touch the launch configurations, as the default settings created by the tools will be suitable.
However in some circumstances, you may need to manipulate them - typically under direction from an FAQ or by direct instruction from Code Red's Support Team. In such cases, the best way to do this is via the "Launch Configurations" entry on the context sensitive menu available from the Project Explorer view...
Three options are available here:
Open Current Launch Configuration
- Allows various debug settings to be modified
- We do not recommend this for normal use unless you are explicitly instructed.
Delete Launch Configurations
- Allows the launch configurations for the selected project (or projects) to be deleted.
- This can be useful as it allows you to put the debug connection settings back to the default after making modifications for some reason, or if you are moving your project to a new version of the tools, and want to ensure that your debug settings are correct for this version of the tools.
Create Launch Configurations
- Creates launch configurations for the selected project, if they do not already exist.
- Normally you will not need this option as it is carried out automatically the first time that you debug your project. However if you Delete your launch configuration and want to then edit a new default launch configuration before debugging, then you will need to use this option to do so.
Editing a launch Configuration
WARNING - Modifying the default settings for a launch configuration can prevent a successful debug connection from being made. Make changes with care.
After selecting the "Open Current Launch Configuration" menu entry, you will then see a new dialog box pop up, which looks like the following...
Most settings that you may need to modify can be found in the Debugger tab, in the Target configuration sub-tab (as shown in the above screenshot).
Some examples of modifications that you may need to make in particular circumstances are contained in the following FAQs: